North Judson-San Pierre Transportation Department
Rules of the Road
Our bus drivers have one goal: to get your children to and from school safely and efficiently. In order to make this happen, we need your help!
- Bus riding is a privilege and a service we are fortunate to provide. Transportation has established rules that all children MUST follow.
- These are for safety reasons: sit down, no yelling, cussing, etc. If the driver is looking at children in the mirror, he/she can't be looking at the road.
- Follow the rules...or not. The choice is yours. However, transportation is no longer guaranteed.
- Per School Board Policy, children must be at bus stops FIVE MINUTES PRIOR to the pick-up time.
- Bus drivers will not be able to wait on your child or return to your child's stop. A couple of minutes may not seem like much. Multiply that by even five stops and the driver could be 15 minutes late.
- If your child is sick or not attending school, please call the driver.
- Guests may ride another bus ONLY with a note and if there is room. DO NOT CALL the child on the bus in order to pass the phone to the driver. This violates the BUS DRIVER MANUAL.
Thank you for helping to protect the safety of our precious cargo!