Students who miss more than 10 days of any class are in danger of losing a credit. This applies only to days lists as A (Absent). Days, such as those verified with a doctor’s note are not included in this count.
Absences will eventually fall into one of three categories - Absent, Verified, or Unexcused.
- ABSENT: These periods/days will count against the student. The maximum number of absences allowed for a student in a semester will be 9. On the 10th absence of the semester, the student’s credit can be removed.
- VERIFIED: These periods/days will not count against the student and will not be factored into the potential loss of credit for an individual student.
- UNEXCUSED: The student is truant from school.
- Parents/guardians of students will be notified of attendance problems in an appropriate time line.
- A student who enters school with a history of poor attendance may be required to enter an attendance contract and/or probation status for current and/or future semesters.
- North Judson-San Pierre High School may utilize any of the following interventions in an attempt to curtail excessive absence:
- Parent Conference
- After School Detention
- The Court System
- Attendance Contract