Bluejay WayThe high school has implemented a Positive Behavior Support (PBS) Program, focusing on the areas of achievement, respect, and responsibility.
- Beginning of Year: Bluejay Event We celebrate our seniors as they begin their final year in their commitment to graduate. Every student either signs the RUC2G banner for their graduating class OR places a sticker next to his/her name from the previous year’s signing of the banner.
- Bluejay Way Students or staff members are recognized by others in the building for excelling in the areas of Achievement, Respect, or Responsibility.
- A postermaker is utilized to produce photo recognition of students. This includes athletic achievements, academic achievements, new students, positive behavior support, and other opportunities for positive recognition of students or staff.
- Most Improved Students Staff members nominate students who may be recognized as our Most Improved Students. The three top students are recognized at half-time of the game. Each of these students choose an influential teacher to join them in the recognition process.
- Honors Breakfast Any student who has exemplary attendance (missed less than 7 class periods for the year) or who is in the top ten of his/her class academically is recognized at a breakfast near the end of the year. Certificates are presented and influential teachers are recognized.